Emtec Consulting Engineers is currently seeking Mechanical Engineers to join our Team. This individual will be responsible for the design of mechanical systems across a variety of markets including Healthcare, Educational, Municipal, and Industrial facilities. They will be expected to coordinate and work closely with a multidiscipline design team throughout the entire life cycle of projects from planning stages through construction documents. Primary duties include development of contract plans, specifications, and supporting engineering calculations.
The candidate should be self-motivated with an initiative to deliver high quality, technical designs. Additionally, the Mechanical Engineer needs to be a conceptual thinker who can communicate well with clients and other design professionals.
- Produce contract documents including plans and specification that are consistent with the scope of work, schedule and fee allotted to complete the work
- Prepare drawings and specifications in compliance with best practices, project design goals, and Emtec’s quality standards
- Coordinate with architects, structural engineers, electrical engineers, and plumbing engineers on requirements of the HVAC equipment and systems
- Perform construction administration for assigned projects, including responding to RFIs, reviewing submittals, conducting field inspections and subsequent detailed inspection reports
- Conduct and attend meetings with owners, contractors, external and internal design team members
- Select mechanical HVAC equipment and produce project schedules and equipment specifications
- Perform heating, cooling and ventilation load analysis.
- Familiarity with annual energy use projections and analysis
- Conduct surveys, studies, and site investigations
- Prepare engineering reports
- Prepare calculations for LEED submission for projects
- Participate in reviews with various governing agencies
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
- P.E./EIT License Desirable
- Minimum 3+ years in the design of engineering systems
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient with MS Office suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience using energy modeling software is preferred
- Working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD is preferred
- Accreditation in LEED, Green Globe, or ASHRAE High Performance Buildings